Institution for Social and Policy Studies
77 Prospect Street
New Haven, CT 06520-8209
Yale’s Institution for Social and Policy Studies (ISPS) strives to facilitate interdisciplinary inquiry in the social sciences and research into important public policy arenas. ISPS also opens its doors to accommodate academic-related activities – such as seminars, conferences, lectures, workshops, and other events – at its 77 Prospect Street location.
Three different classroom spaces are available to members of the Yale community by request:
* Room A001 (seminar-style classroom, max. capacity: 49 people)
* Room A002 (tiered lecture-style classroom, max. capacity: 48 people)
* Room B012 (seminar-style classroom, max. capacity: 37 people)
To request a room please read carefully and follow these steps:
1. Fill out and submit the Room Reservation Request Form below.
2. Upon confirmation that the room is available for use, guarantee your reservation by carefully reading and signing the appropriate room policy PDF form (A001, A002, B012). Please send a copy of the form to Cheryl Tappin by fax at (203) 432-3296, or send a scanned document by email to cheryl(dot)tappin(at)yale(dot)edu.
3. Schedule an orientation session with a member of the ISPS staff to review protocol for building use by contacting Cheryl Tappin at (203) 432-0589.
Room Reservation Guidelines:
* Room requests should be made well in advance.
* Priority is given to ISPS-affiliated programs, faculty, and events.
* ISPS reserves the right to decline requests for room use.
* For non-ISPS events, the building is available during normal operating hours *only* (Monday–Friday: 8am–5pm).
* NEW POLICY (as of January 1, 2011): A brief orientation meeting is now required for anyone who is overseeing an event at ISPS for the first time. (This includes groups who are new to ISPS, or repeating groups who have new people assisting them.)
* ISPS permits professional catering and self-service food connected with designated events. Each room capacity must be observed when planning events. Smoking is not allowed anywhere in the building.
* ISPS provides space and facilities only; the sponsors must arrange everything else, including the custodial services and AV equipment. There is no charge for events held at ISPS. If property damage occurs or if the facilities are left in an unsatisfactory state, the organization holding the event will be held financially responsible. Each event must have a coordinator who will supervise the proceedings, including cleanup.
ISPS Room Reservation Request Form
* Indicates required fields