Institution for Social and Policy Studies
77 Prospect Street
New Haven, CT 06520-8209
Yale’s Institution for Social and Policy Studies (ISPS) strives to facilitate interdisciplinary inquiry in the social sciences and research into important public policy arenas. ISPS also opens its doors to accommodate academic-related activities such as seminars, conferences, lectures, workshops, and other events at its 77 Prospect Street location.
Three different classroom spaces are available to members of the Yale community by request:
- Room A001 Floor Plan (seminar-style classroom, max. capacity: 49 people)
- Room A002 Floor Plan (tiered lecture-style classroom, max. capacity: 48 people)
- Room B012 Floor Plan (seminar-style classroom, max. capacity: 37 people)
To request a room, please read carefully and follow these steps:
1. Fill out and submit the online ISPS Room Reservation Request Form below.
2. Upon confirmation that the room is available for use, guarantee your reservation by carefully reading and signing the appropriate ISPS room policy and procedure form:
Please send a completed copy of page 3 from the form to Cheryl Tappin by fax at (203) 432-3296, or send a scanned copy by email to cheryl(dot)tappin(at)yale(dot)edu.
3. Schedule an orientation session with a member of the ISPS staff to review protocol for building use by contacting Cheryl Tappin at (203) 432-0589.
Room Reservation Guidelines:
- Room requests will be considered on a first-come-first-serve basis after priority is given to ISPS-affiliated programs, faculty, and events.
- ISPS reserves the right to decline requests for room use.
- For non-ISPS events, the building is available during normal operating hours *only* (M-F 8am-5pm during the regular academic year; M-F 8am-4pm during summer hours).
- Each event must have a coordinator who will oversee and supervise the proceedings, including cleanup.
- A brief orientation meeting is required for anyone who is overseeing an event at ISPS for the first time. This includes groups who are new to ISPS, or repeating groups who have new people assisting them.
- ISPS permits professional catering and self-service food connected with designated events. Each room capacity must be observed when planning events. Smoking is not allowed anywhere in the building.
- ISPS provides space and existing facilities only; the sponsors must handle all other arrangements including additional custodial services and/or AV equipment if necessary.
- We do not provide cups, utensils, plates, etc. Please make sure you have everything you need for your event.
- There is no fixed charge for events held at ISPS, however, we do require a PTAO in advance in case charges are incurred for property damage or if the facilities are left in an unsatisfactory state requiring special cleaning services.
ISPS Room Reservation Request Form
* Indicates required fields