Updated March 2021
**Please read carefully.**
By using, contributing, and/or downloading files associated with scholarly studies for the purpose of replication (hereafter, Replication Files) and other digital content available on the ISPS Archive, you agree to the terms and conditions set forth herein.
By using the ISPS archive, you agree to the following:
- Digital content in the ISPS Data Archive is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-No Derivatives 3.0, United States Public License, 2010, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, United States. For more information about this license see About the ISPS Data Archive.
- You will use ISPS Archive files solely for statistical analysis, including replication of published results.
- You will not use or download Replication Files in any way prohibited by applicable law.
- Should you wish to redistribute Replication Files or include them in a new data product or service, you must receive permission from ISPS.
- You will not use ISPS Replication Files to obtain information that could directly or indirectly identify subjects, produce links among ISPS Data Archive datasets or among the ISPS Data Archive datasets and other datasets for the purpose of obtaining information about subjects, or otherwise obtain information about subjects except where the use and/or release of such identifying information has no potential for constituting an unwarranted invasion of privacy and/or breach of confidentiality. Anything that can potentially breach participants’ confidentiality should be promptly reported to ISPS.
- ISPS makes no guarantee or warranty concerning the accuracy of information contained in the data or metadata including, but not limited to, loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content uploaded, posted, emailed, shared and/or otherwise made available via the ISPS Data Archive.
- Although data files in the ISPS Data Archive may have been processed successfully on computers at Yale University, no warranty is made by ISPS or Yale University regarding the use of data on any other system, nor does the fact of distribution constitute or imply any such warranty.
- ISPS further makes no warranty, either expressed or implied, regarding the condition of the data or metadata, or its fitness for any particular purpose. The burden for determining fitness for use lies entirely with the user.
- You will reference the bibliographic citation accompanying the Replication Files, including any datasets, program files, output files, metadata records, treatment materials, codebooks, and any other files in the ISPS Data Archive or created by employing files in the ISPS Data Archive in accord with the suggested citation included in metadata records.
- The ISPS Data Archive, at its sole discretion, may provide you with a password to access certain datasets, provided that you complete any required application process and provide accurate information in your application. You may use your password only to access the datasets in ways consistent with this agreement. You agree not to interfere with the work of other users or ISPS Data Archive personnel, servers, or resources. Further, you agree not to circulate your password to other people or organizations or to distribute any part of the datasets without written permission. Please report any unauthorized use of your password promptly to isps(at)yale(dot)edu.
ISPS wishes to acknowledge support from the Office of Digital Assets and Infrastructure at Yale, especially for providing consultation and guidance throughout the development of the ISPS Data Archive and to the Yale University Library and Information Technology Services for supporting the technical infrastructure.