ISPS aims to support its affiliates – faculty, post docs, graduate students, and fellows – in all their research needs in support of the ISPS mission to advance interdisciplinary research in the social sciences that aims to shape public policy and inform democratic deliberation.
Research Funding: Have questions about how to fund your research? How to turn your research idea into a feasible project?
- ISPS research funding. Visit this page for general information about ISPS research funding, eligibility, ISPS research procedures and requirements, and how to apply.
- External research funding opportunities.
Research Planning: Have questions about how to acquire data? Data use agreements? Where to store your data? How to write a data management plan?
- Yale Research policies and guidelines.
- Guide to Research Data Management (via the Marx Library)
- Research Data Support Services: A collaborative, university-wide group that responds to service requests and inquiries from researchers at any stage in the data lifecycle.
- ISPS Behavioral Research Lab: A place for scholars from across Yale to conduct rigorous research in a controlled setting.
Active Research: Have questions about tools for sharing your work with collaborators? Need help with statistical analysis? Help with learning more about Python?
- Stat Lab: Consultants can advise on how to enter data, what statistical program is best for a project, how to get a program to run a certain analysis, and more. See consultation schedule. The Stat Lab also offers regular workshops.
- Computing resources and training (via Yale Center for Research Computing), including High Performance Computing (HPC): Graduate students and ISPS affiliates can can now request access to the ISPS high performance computing account for independent research projects. Contact Limor Peer for details.
Research Publication: Have questions about how to comply with open data requirements? Need help enhancing the reach and impact of your research?
- The ISPS Data Archive: A repository for digital files associated with scholarly studies conducted by ISPS-affiliated researchers, including data, code, and associated materials underlying the published results. ISPS helps you fulfill open data requirement and provides pre-publication data curation and code review services.
- Research Communication: ISPS helps disseminate your work! The ISPS website hosts a publications database and a well-received blog: Lux et Data. ISPS also posts news items and sends out a monthly newsletter. Contact Rick Harrison.
Any questions or suggestions? Contact Limor Peer.